Craft beer and pizza! That's what we're about. What are you about?
We're looking for enthusiastic and positive service people to join our team! If you love working in a fast-paced, service-focused environment, stop in and fill out an application. We are a growing and expanding company with a team of people who appreciate working together and love what they do. We are a couple of blocks from the new Vikings Stadium and this will add to our already fast paced environment.
Email your resume and then call to set an appointment!
Right now we're looking for:
DME Brand 10 BBL system with an annual barrel aging program
Day Block Brewing Company is located in Minneapolis MN walking distance to US Bank Stadium. Day Block Brewing Company is a Brew Pub operating with a scratch kitchen specializing in pizza. We currently have 8 beers in rotation, 4 flagship beers and an expansion to 12 taps in process.
The Head Brewer is responsible for all operations related to the brewing process and working with the Assistant Brewer. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all areas of brewing, cellaring, tank cleaning, filtering and yeast management.
- Responsible for mashing, lautering, wort boiling, and transferring to the fermenter.
- Responsible for transferring beer to serving vessels including, but not limited to, brite tanks, kegs, cans and bottles.
- Maintaining the use of standard operating procedures to ensure the beer is produced consistently, free of defects, true to style and of the highest quality.
- Assist with the procurement of raw materials and other inventory items as it relates to the brewing process.
- Assist with recipe development.
- Monitor water quality, gravities, temperatures, and carbonations.
- Stay current with developing beer styles and propose new beer recipes.
- Provide leadership for the Assistant Brewer, Serving staff, and Bartenders through education and training.
- Assist in collecting samples for lab analysis when applicable.
Work with brewery staff to ensure a clean and safe work environment is maintained at all times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job but may not be all inclusive!
- Flexible to work a rotating schedule as business needs arise (typical work week = 40-45 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of time, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position assists in the supervision and direction of the Assistant Brewer and direction for brewpub staff including servers and bartenders.
- Certificate or Degree in Brewing Science or Technology is required.
- 3+ Years brewing experience in a production brewery or brewpub is required.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies, and procedures.
- Attention to details, cleanliness, and an ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Computer and record keeping skills.
- Highly organized.
- Overall goal is to produce the highest quality beer as possible with regards to consistency and taste.
- Oversee the Brewery’s quality program and practices.
- Develop and review quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods.
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to, improved upon where applicable and trained to for new hires/transfers.
Work with Owners to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish key metrics and then develop & implement plans to achieve production goals, always keeping profitability as a priority.
- Evaluate operating results throughout the brewery to ensure that beer growth objectives are being met and makes sure that key metrics are communicated to the team.
- Ensure team members have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, salaried position. We offer flexible hours, PTO, free and discounted meals, shift beers, and growlers for personal use to take home.
Please submit your cover letter and resume for your application. We look forward to meeting you!
Primary Responsibilities: Completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook's station. Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to Day Block Brewing Company’s (DBBC) Recipes, plate presentations and specifications.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Prepares menu items according to DBBC’s Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications.
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Sets up work station
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Manage and Maintain safe working conditions at all times
- Able to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on high and low shelves.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Able to occasionally lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
Note: Complimentary beer after each shift!
Apply Today - Send Resume
Please submit a resume to apply - Thank you!